This article tells how to use the SIP ALG Tester
Sometimes it can be challenging to detect if a client's network has SIP ALG enabled. SIP ALG is usually the main reason why they experience the following issues below:
- One-way Audio
- BLFs not illuminating
- Missing Parked Calls
Monster VoIP has it's own tool to detect if SIP ALG is enabled on your network without accessing the router/network firewall.
- Windows Computer
- Download the file in this link to your computer.
- If you see the message "... is not commonly downloaded and maybe dangerous.", click the up arrow and select "keep".
- Double click the "Monster_VoIP_SIP_....exe".
- When you the message below, please click "more info", then "run anyway".
- When the SIP ALG Detector is opened, make sure your local network is selected and click start test.
- Test result should all return in Pass, otherwise SIP ALG is still enabled on your network.