This article talks about the Auto Attendant Feature.
AUTO ATTENDANTS - are interactive voice recording that allow callers to make selections in order to route their calls to their desired destination. The most common use case for Auto Attendant is having the main company phone number point into an auto attendant so when callers call in to the business, they can be routed to a party they are trying to reach by listening to the menu prompt options or by dialing the user’s extension directly.
- User will forward the calls to user’s extension.
- Conference will forward the calls to a conference bridge you select.
- Call Queues will allow the caller to be forwarded to a call queue.
- Directory sends the call to the company directory.
- Voicemail will forward the call to the voicemail box entered.
- Voicemail management allows user in the system to enter their extension number and pin then they’re able to check their messages and manage their voicemail account.
- External number will forward the call to another telephone number.
- Play messages allows you to record a message that will be played to the caller once selecting the option. Then you can decide how to route the call after the message has been played.
- Add tier will allow you to add another dial pad menu to the auto attendant.
- Repeat prompt will replay the menu prompt message.
The gear icon takes you to the option setting which will allow you to enable calling an extension directly from the auto attendant if the caller knows the user’s extension number. Configure what to do with a call if the caller does not press any digits in the auto attendant, and what to do if a caller presses a key that is not configured in the dial pad menu option.